Are You a Stress Puppy?
- Posted on January 15, 2014
By Barbara Bartlein
How are you managing your stress in this “age of anxiety?” Check which of these symptoms apply to you.
- Do you feel like what you accomplish is never quite good enough?
- Do you feel like you must give more than 100% on everything you do or else you will be mediocre or even a failure?
- Do you start getting anxious about work even on your off days or vacation?
- Do you have a fear of making mistakes?
- Do you find that you have a lot of “shoulds” for yourself and others?
- Do co-workers and other people in your life complain about how stressed you are?
- Do you routinely have trouble sleeping?
- Do you get stomach aches or other GI symptoms when you go to work?
- Are you short tempered with others around you?
- Do you get easily frustrated with others because they seem more relaxed than you?
- Do you feel that others don't appreciate how hard you are working?
- Have you ever had symptoms of a panic attack, i.e. heart pounding, shortness of breath, cold or clammy feel, and anxious feeling?
- Do you feel like you need to micromanage those around you?
- Do you feel threatened by younger or talented co-workers?
- Have others complained that you are a “control freak?”
- Are you pessimistic about yourself, your life, and the world?
- Do you think your are judgmental of others?
- Are you generally happy with your life?
If you answer “yes” to these questions, it is time to consider whether you are a perfectionist and stress puppy. Learn new techniques to relax and be good to yourself.
For more info, check out my new book, "Energy Suckers"