Ten Tips for Employers to Build a Productive Team
- Posted on December 19, 2013
By Barbara Bartlein
- Create a zero tolerance anti-bullying policy. This policy should be part of the commitment to a positive work culture and integrated into other policies and procedures.
- Bullying behavior must absolutely be addressed immediately when identified. It is impossible to overstate the importance of this point.
- If bullying occurs in several areas, it needs to be addressed organizationally through training and meetings.
- Create a work environment that builds autonomy and clarity of job responsibilities.
- Include employees in decision-making processes and communicate the vision of the organization.
- Hold awareness meetings on the range of forms bullying can take and how to report such behavior if it occurs.
- Train supervisors on how to positively build and be an active part of their teams.
- Conduct employee surveys periodically to anonymously identify problem areas.
- Establish a point person in HR for employees to contact when bullying occurs.
- Encourage an open door management style.
For more tips on how to handle Energy Suckers in your workplace, check out my new book!
Energy Suckers- How to Deal With Bullies in the Workplace