If You Want Leadership Skills, You Need The People Pro Leadership System
Recognize anything on this list?
- You are looking to advance your career but need more leadership skills to do so.
- You find it hard to get away for conferences or seminars due to work demands.
- It is difficult to find funding for training even if time is available.
- You know key managers will be retiring in the next few years but succession is unclear.
- You have a boss who admits that further people development is needed but doesn't commit to a training schedule.
- You have difficult employees on your team but aren't quite sure what to do about them.
- Balancing work and personal life has become increasingly difficult.
- You have a group of employees that you would like to get additional training but can't afford in-house seminars.
- You have been wanting to get additional management skills but don't know where to start.
Is This The Stuff That Keeps You Up at 3:00 a.m.?
If so, you need The People Pro to help you sleep better at night--and to show you how to build leadership skills for the future. Smart employees and employers know that leaders will be in short supply in the future. The boomers are retiring in record numbers and there will be keen competition for developed leaders in the future. The best strategy for employers is to "grow your own," by investing in employee development.
A few years ago, employers and employees starting telling me:
- They need on-going training for their managers to develop their leadership skills.
- They need concrete tools that they can put to use immediately.
- They need a program that is convenient and easy to access.
- They need a program that guarentees results.
Here Are The Kinds of People I Mentor
- Executives who want to further develop their leadership skills.
- Managers who want to learn the skills to move to upper leadership.
- Employees who are interested in developing their skill set for the future.
- People who want to learn how to be more effective at work and at home.
Here's What You Get
An initial 1-hour phone consultation to evaluate your goals and lay out a plan to get you where you need to go.
A personalized 29 page Behavioral Style Assessment that helps you understand your personal style and how to be more effective with other people.
One hour of individual coaching per month by phone scheduled at your convenience. This one benefit alone is worth more than the price of the program.
One People Pro Teleseminar per month only for people in the MENTOR PROGRAM. These are not available to the public. I schedule them during the day. If you can't attend, that's OK. I post them at my website within 24 hours and you have 2 weeks to listen to what you missed--at a time most convenient for you.
Each teleseminar includes a lecture, handouts, and an opportunity to ask questions. Participants are also invited to submit ideas or issues for discussion.
UNLIMITED access to me via email. You send me your questions and I send you the answers, usually the same day, and many times within an hour or two. If you need help PRONTO, you can call me.
Attendance at all my regular teleseminars (open to the public) for FREE.
A 40 percent discount on ALL my products.
Your own personal leadership coach, with all the coaching done by e-mail. This one benefit alone is worth more than the price of the program...but only if you use it.
"Barb has a unique skill set in understanding the intersection of human behavior and workplace practices. Her leadership sessions provide great insight with this understanding and we value Barb's involvement in our management development activities. The People Pro Leadership sessions have immediate impact. There is not doubt that she is a People Pro."
"Barb immediately captured my attention and kept it. She presents information in a manner you can use in day-to-day leadership. Take home content that really works!"
VP of Nursing Services
Rockdale Medical Center
Why Should You Learn From Me?
- Unlike other so-called leadership "experts," I have a solid track record of experience. I was senior VP at CNR Health where I oversaw operations in all 50 states. As VP of Operations at St. Mary's Hospital in Milwaukee, I was responsible for five corporations and hundreds of employees.
- I was awarded the Certified Speaking Professional designation by the National Speakers Association. A designation held by fewer than 10% of the speakers in the world.
- I have a master's degree in physical and mental health and understand what helps people learn and implement new ideas.
- Coaching people for the last twenty five years, I have worked with all types of folks at different levels of learning. I can customize the exact program for you that will propel your success.
- I have an international following of more than 10,000 people who subscribe to my popular electronic newsletter, "The People Pro.
- I was one of the few experts chosen to present to the National Speakers Association Winter Workshop in 2006 and 2007.
- My column, "The People Pro," appears in The Business Journal and numerous periodicals in the US and Canada.
- The People Pro Leadership program has been presented across the country to corporations, trade associations and expert groups.
You are a good fit for this program if you...
Need access to a leadership expert who really cares about your success.
Aren't afraid of hard work.
Look forward to being challenged and pushed beyond what you thought you were capable of doing.
Want someone on your team who can help you when you reach the Y in the road and aren't sure which fork to take.
Like working with others and are willing to share your experiences and expertise.
Are serious about moving ahead in your career by building your leadership skills.
The Role of the Leader in today’s organizations
- The Ten Traits of Legendary Leaders
- How to prevent stupid management
- Why the old way of doing things doesn’t work
Understanding Behavior Styles
- Includes a computerized Style Analysis of all managers
- The four basic styles of interaction
- Your personal style and your response under stress or pressure
- How to recognize the behavior style of others
- The secrets of impacting the styles you work with for better communication
Coaching and Mentoring (I)
- The four key beliefs that block successful people from improving
- How to utilize the “feedforward” technique to get suggestions for positive change
- How to develop a follow-up process that provides ongoing feedforward input from others
Coaching and Mentoring (II)
- How to develop trust in a coaching relationship
- The basic format for developing goals and timeframes
- The difference between praise and encouragement
- How to create on-going accountability with direct reports
The New Emerging Workforce
- The characteristics of the “emerging workforce.”
- What the new workforce is looking for in an employer
- The changing role of the leader
Empowerment With The Emerging Workforce
- What leadership characteristics promote an empowered organization
- The behaviors and attitudes that block empowerment
- How to initiate empowerment at all levels of the organization
Building Employee Engagement
- The three stages of engagement
- Characteristics of the engaged employee
- How to build engagement in the workforce
Communication and Credibility I
- Quiz to determine communication style and opportunities for growth
- Communication principles including listening exercises
- Communicating information in a growing organization
- Techniques to improve communication
Communication and Credibility II
- The number one myth about people
- Information on standard defense mechanisms
- To self-evaluate and identify defense mechanisms that interfere in their relationships
Dealing With Conflict
· Approaches to address conflict appropriately
· Styles of dealing with conflict
· The conflict resolution formula
Coaching the Problem Employee
- How to recognize who is coachable
- Increasing accountability
- Coaching an employee out of the organization
Developing Systems for Efficiency
- The enemies of time management
- The system approach for routine tasks
- How to increase the efficiency of your direct reports
You will receive The People Pro Leadership System manual with handouts and articles.
How Many People Will I Accept?
I want to take on only as many as I can comfortably handle, so that I have enough time reserved for everyone. That's why I'm committing only to a maximum of 15 people. If during the initial phone consultation, you or I do not think you are a good match for the program, I will refund the entire amount of your tuition.
“Thanks to The People Pro Leadership System, our company has greater focus and employee commitment. Barbara helped us to evaluate our goals and develop strategies for more effective time management and leadership development. The tools, resources and feedback that were provided during the monthly meetings have helped Loyalty Leader, Inc. to set a course for greater success.”
Debra J. Schmidt
How Much Will This Cost
Tuition is $3000 for nine months. You'd eat that up after buying less than 9 hours of coaching and consulting time. This is a small sum compared to the thousands of dollars that is spent at conferences and conventions to learn leadership skills.
Click here to enroll for nine months at $3000.